Herbed Macadamia Nut Cheese
Check out this savory recipe for a raw, vegan cheesy treat!
½ Cup Macadamia Nuts
½ Cup Cashews
1 ½ Tbsp Tamari
Juice of ½ small lemon
¼ cup water
1 tbsp raw nut flour (cashew, almond, etc) OR substitute Nutritional Yeast
1 tbsp of each: parsley, cilantro, chives, dill (plus more for garnish)
1. Soak Cashews & Macadamias in 1 cup water overnight.
2. Pour out soak water and in blender/food processer combine all ingredients and blend until creamy, if needed—add water/lemon or tamari to create smoother mix.
3. Pour blended ingredients into a nut milk bag or tied cheese cloth and suspend over a bowl to allow for drainage. Allow cheese to ferment for 24-48 hours.
4. Set in container, refrigerate to set cheese (20 min minimum)
5. Upon setting the cheese, garnish with leftover herbs
6. For extra rich flavor, add 1 tbsp Sunfood Botija Olive Oil over top of cheese plate.
Sourced at www.sunfood.com
Order your superfoods online at www.vitaminlife.com or come into our Redmond retail store. Call us at 866-998-8855.